What a fantastic time we had on Friday afternoon! The event takes so much planning and there is lots to think about with the logistics: ensuring children are involved and having fun and that they are in groups with their siblings etc. This year, as a commitment to the Silver Kite mark award from Sainsbury’s School Games, I decided to utilise the Year 6 pupils as leaders to help run the event and placed a large emphasis on sportsmanship.

As I looked around the field on Friday afternoon, I could not have been prouder of all the children at St. Mary’s. They were engaged, motivated and showing fantastic sportsmanship to each other.

A massive thank you to the year 6s and some year 5s who helped me to set up, organise and deliver a day which celebrated sport and being active across the whole school. They were and are fantastic role models to the younger children and I hope that it has helped their development with the opportunity to model and lead sports to others.

A huge thank you to the parents as well for the support that you showed the school and the children.

I will look forward to next years event!

Mr Brittain.

CEOP Report Button

Upcoming Events

1. Christmas Fair

December 1 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
  2. KS1 Christmas Nativity

December 5 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
  3. KS1 Christmas Nativity

December 6 @ 6:30 am - 7:30 pm
  4. KS1 Christmas Nativity

December 6 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
  5. Christmas lunch school party

December 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Follow us on Twitter